Fish Antibiotics For Humans
The topic of Fish Antibiotics For Humans is a hot issue because some survival perparedness-minded people believe that fish antibiotics are interchangeable with normal doctor prescribed medicines and are a good addition to a survival kit or bug out bag.
Doctor prescribed medications can be hard stock up on so some these individuals are attempting to source an alternative that:
- Is effective for curing infections in humans
- Is readily available to ordinary people
- Is available in larger quantities than the single doses that are normally prescribed
First off, if you are considering this or any other medical related option, you should perform whatever research you deem necessary AND talk to a doctor. Don’t just take this article as you main resource, the author is not a doctor and does not dispense medical advice.
To answer the question of the safety of fish antibiotics for humans, we must first consider the following factors:
- What are the ingredients of Fish Antibiotics vs Human Antibiotics?
- What are the dosages offered?
I have researched some common brands of fish antibiotics and created this table to help share the information:
- Fin Mox Forte – Amoxicillin 500mg
- Fin Flex Forte – Cephalexin 500mg
- Fin Flox Forte – Ciprofloxacin 500mg
- Fin Pen Forte – Penicillin 500mg
So, if someone was interested in acquiring some fish antibiotics for humans, they can see that these readily available medicines appear to be both the same ingredient and in many cases the same dosage as those offered to humans from pharmacies.
Other Factors To Consider When Researching Fish Antibiotics For Humans
1. Does the fish antibiotic have only 1 ingredient – The last thing anyone wants is to buy and take one of these products that also includes a fish health supplement in it that has not been used by humans. Make sure before you buy that the only ingredient in the capsules is the antibiotic that you want such as:
2. Make sure that the dosages are appropriate to what is recommended by a doctor or a well respected resource such as Drugs.com.
3. Store antibiotics properly – These medications should be kept in a cool, dark place with the original seal intact until needed. It is also essential to monitor the expiration date if each bottle and discard and replace any that are out of date.
4. Be aware of allergies – A small segment of the population is allergic to Penicillin and its derivative medicines. Be aware of all medical allergies for anyone you are making a Bug Out Plan for.
5. The rise of antibiotic resistant bacteria in modern society is a major threat to modern medicine. The frequent use of antibiotics in both humans and animals has accelerated this trend. Best practice is to use these drugs only when necessary.
Where Can I Buy Fish Antibiotics For Humans?
Because this is typically administered to fish, there are currently no prescription requirements that this author is aware of (check your local laws).
Without this constraint you will find that fish antibiotics can easily be purchased both from Amazon. Refer to the bullet points above and search the product name on Amazon.
For further analysis of the topic of fish antibiotics for humans, check out a video by Dr Joseph Alton, author of the excellent book The Doom And Bloom Survival Medicine Handbook and owner of the Doom and Bloom Blog.